by Carley Baker
The Stanley & Elaine Ball Foundation, managed by Central Trust Company, is happy to announce the 2020 local, non-profit grant recipients. A total of 55 applications were received this year, and grants were awarded to 25 recipients, totaling a community investment of $219,200. Requirements for grant applicants included the organization’s ability to enhance educational opportunities and/or provide support for disadvantaged children.
2020 Ball Foundation Grant Recipients
- Abundant Blessings – $4,000
- Arc of the Ozarks – $10,000
- Boys & Girls Club of the Ozarks – $10,000
- Boys & Girls Club of Springfield, Youth of the Year – $500
- CASA – $6,000
- Cents of Pride – $10,000
- Children’s Smile Center – $5,000
- Council of Churches of the Ozarks – $10,000
- For the Kids – $1,000
- Foundation for Springfield Public Schools – $10,000
- Gift of Hope, Inc. – $7,000
- Good Samaritan Boys Ranch – $15,000
- Great Circle – $3,000
- Habitat for Humanity – $10,000
- IPourLife – $10,000
- Isabel’s House – $7,500
- Kimberling Area Library – $2,500
- Least of These – $15,000
- Newborns in Need – $4,500
- Ozarks Literacy Council – $7,000
- Skaggs Foundation – $2,110
- Taneyhills Library Club – $26,450
Grants Awarded in Early 2020
- Christian Action Ministries – $10,000
- Community Foundation of the Ozarks – COVID – $22,640
- Discovery Center of Springfield – $10,000
The grant selection committee included Jo Arcudia, Karen Hall, Ken Homan, Diane Homan, and Patty Johns.
About the Stanley & Elaine Ball Foundation
Stanley and Elaine Ball formed this foundation primarily to grant portions of their estate to area charities in the Springfield metro area. Past recipients have included Children’s Miracle Network at CoxHealth; Harmony House; the Christian County Library; and the Springfield-Greene County Library. Stanley recognized that there were many people in the Ozarks who truly wanted better lives, but simply didn’t have the resources necessary to improve their situations. As a result, he wanted to do his part to create communities that helped people to be successful and happy. He also felt strongly about education and helping children. The Stanley & Elaine Ball Foundation is proudly managed by Central Trust Company.
The post 2020 Stanley & Elaine Ball Foundation Grant Recipients appeared first on Ozarks Independent.