The Springfield City Council tonight will be voting on a resolution to put in place their 2021 City Council Priorities.
“These priorities, once adopted, will be a guide for City’s elected officials and staff in their work 2021 and beyond, subject to further review and amendments,” reads the resolution containing the priorities.
Items on the Council’s priority list include:
- Special emphasis on reducing chronic nuisance properties
- Place additional emphasis on diversity of staff
- Continue focus on reducing public safety response times
- Create a plan to move from a complaint based code enforcement system to a City-initiated system
- Make proactive investment in infrastructure for areas with highest potential development or redevelopment.
The resolution is a first-reading measure can can be voted upon during the meeting. Citizens will be allowed to address Council about the priorities. The meeting, which is virtual, begins at 6:30 p.m. and can be viewed through the city’s Facebook page.
Here is the actual measure: